Recruitment
Site Contributions

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Almost Famous Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fezza RAG
Nab

re: APPROVED -App: kilzog - by MeladonAF

After chatting with some of the other officers. We've decided to accept you on a trial basis of course :P

Feel free to poke myself or another officer online for an invite.

Pug

Hello thanks for replying so fast!

1,2 & 3: I do change them around every now and then, but there's not much need for it in normal and heroics, I actually was curious how much Infesting Spores hits on HC and stood outside of the shroom (low geared pug) at start only to see it doesn't do anything for the first few ticks before it starts to hurt. But have to say you are perfectly right, I tend to slack with CDs and only use them for oshit moments like high stacks of branded, getting low as fixate target or seeing twins doing multiple stuff while I'm not at full health. The healthstone part surprises me tho, feels like I use that more regularly, logs given might say otherwise tho (and they're right now argument there).
That said Soul Leech is a difficulty pick, Soul Link might  be more of a personal favoutire out of the three, Dark Bargain has never really moved me with the dot part and Sac Pact. is considerable stronger with GoSac, which we currently don't use - or as demo can't use.

4: On the link I have logs for all 3 specs (change on top next to difficulties), bit earlier kills tho. Regarding Demo I think you missed the impact of our buff to Mastery which made the spec the new shit. Just the 2 most used sites to back up such claims:
http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17H.html
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/6#class=Warlock
E
ven for Imperator it's debateable if Destruction is better, in terms of effective dps I'd think Demo actually wins, numbers are just inflated with the aoe and added shadowburn cleave available on Mythic.
Nevertheless I'm perfectly comfotable with all specs (SoO was long with Dest&Aff), Destruction has it's merits currently, but Aff is quite a mess with such haste levels, its only saviour could be the 2-piece bonus which seems to put shards at a better place.

Sidenote: Not like it makes a difference, but I was 14, didn't play the very first 1,5-2 years :D
With enchants, flasks, gems I'm completely self-supplying, got 3*100 alts on Rag for professions and garrisons.
Take your time, I don't think I'll jump into BRF pugs to be honest, maybe start killing Gruul heroic a few times to get closer to Mythic missions.

Sorry for the pic, appeared like a bigger thumbnail for me.

Cheers,
Gulzog

Fezza RAG
Nab

Hello Kilzog,

Only a few minor questions from me;

1. Your use of lvl 45 talents seems a bit 'odd' unless you swap it around depending on the content/fight specific needs?

2. Same with the lvl 15 talents, do you swap them around depending on fights too? For example brackenspore during aoe phase Dark Regen is 'the tits' etc.

3. Partially due to the logs i was able to actually find i'm somewhat limited on intel, but seems like you pretty much never actually 'use' your survival cds. This includes Healthstones / talents (such as mortal coil, sac pact etc). This may be due again to the 'difficulty' of the environment that your logs are for.

4. Do you only play demonology or are you just as well versed in the others? Obviously BRF will introduce many more fight variations than we have currently, so different specs will fair better than others, just seems odd to pick Demonology for Highmaul when it's the weakest on almost all fights, bar tectus aoe.

On a more positive note, your gear does look fine, you've obviously put in the work to make sure that you have all the right gems/enchants etc. And have played the game for a while like some of us 'old guys', raiding at 12 years old seems very young but if it happens it happens i guess :P

We will review and discuss your application and get back to you within the next few days or so. Feel free to pug/do normal BRF if we don't get back to you in time for the fresh reset. "Try" to leave at least some of hc alone if you can manage, but if you cant wait, np.

Regards,

Fezzaa

Pug

re: UI

Outsmarted myself with no inline html editor. So the UI link is:

http://i.imgur.com/dkvnRHO.jpg

Edit, changed the picture to just a link, as it was 'massive' and hurt my brain to have all paragraphs be on 1 line

kilzog
In-Game Lowest Rank
Pug

The application submitted by kilzog is as follows:

Quote:
About you: Real Name: Peter Age: 23 Can you understand and communicate fluently in english?: Yes Do you have any hobbies or other priorities that would prevent you from raiding/being on time?: I'm a student starting my last semester this week, I'll propably have my exams end of May to June, but even then I'd only have lower attendance not disappearing completely or anything.
Other than that not a lot, I usually go out with friends on the weekend, we rarely celebrate birthdays and such on weekdays, so social life while exists shouldn't get in the way. What you want to achieve in WoW?: Clearing cutting edge content is not a priority for me, but beign part of it is. I've always cared enough for my characters to gear them as efficiently as I can even if it was lfr and occasional pugs. I've joined my current guild in ToT and since then I've always took the extra time and effort to be better at what I do. As a lock Siege was obviously a blast, I managed to get some decent rankings without beign backed up by excessive cheesing or exceptional kill times and got some experience with how logs and sims can push the limits further.
(A current personal achivement is getting 250 mounts, currently sitting on 236 and can achieve it without rng drops, but as it's mostly WoD reputations it won't happen in the near future..) About Your Character: Character Name: Gulzog Class: Warlock Realm: Ragnaros Talent Build/Specialization (eg. Shadow/Brewmaster/Balance/Etc): Demonology mostly, confortable with everything. Please give us an explanation of how you use the skills and abilities of your class to its maximum potential during a boss fight (eg. Your rotation/CD usage etc): In Highmaul there aren't too many cases where maximum output and getting closer to a kill don't meet, occasional add swaps like on Bracken or Imperator are for the most part rather an increase. Ko'ragh comes to mind in terms of burst priority, for that one a few pulls are enough to see how to handle demonbolt timing for the unshielded phase. Tectus is currently the only fight where Cataclysm is better, other than that there's not much ground for changing talents or glyphs.
From what I've seen for BRF not a whole lot will change, Demo still seems superior for most fights, the announced changes to some talents to bring them closer to the better options don't seem to be that interesting but may have potential. Armory Link (Please make sure we can see your PVE gear): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Gulzog/advanced Link a picture of your UI (Clearly showing keybinds etc..): Previous Guild WCL/WOL Reports, if used: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/601629/latest/#boss=0 Raiding Experience: Previous raiding guilds (and realms)?: Most of my former guilds disbanded and I took a break every now and then, started out on Mazrigos in vanilla, moved to Bloodscalp with a friend if I remember correctly around end of Wotlk / early Cata, after that realm died we came to Ragnaros in MoP.
My current guild was 10m originally and we've had trouble setting up a roster good enough for Mythic, trials were pretty bad and members started burning out and leaving, we actually barely raided in January, and it really seems like even if the guild rises up again it will just run into the same problems all over again. Tell us what raids you have previously experienced and to what extent (this includes vanilla/tbc/wotlk/cata/mop. please elaborate, dont just say you have cleared everything if you havn't, its not a trick question, we just like to get an idea): Vanilla: ZG, Ony
BC: didn't kill Kael'thas or anything in Sunwell, 5/9 BT and the rest was down
Wotlk: Naxx, Ulduar 'till Vezax, missed ToGC, ICC cleared on normal, pugged the easy HC bosses
Cata: 3 HC in BWD and 2 in BoT, missed Firelands, was in an altrun in DS
MoP: missed first tier, 3 HC in ToT, 11 in SoO
*by missing I mean I didn't have a raiding guild, I never took a break on a whole tier of content Additional Questions: Explain why you want to join us and what you expect to get from us: I'm looking for a stable guild with decent progression and an active roster, I know beign a trial has it's necessary drawbacks but I do believe I'm capable to be a wanted raider. That said I don't mind sitting out, can always use the extra time for studies - or as it mostly happens for procastination. Other comments relating to your application that you think we might need to know: I'm also highly interested in altruns on my DK (651) - it's also a char I could reroll to if needed.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Almost Famous Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: